quinta-feira, 18 de abril de 2013

Of B. Teresa of Calcutta, religiosa

“I was hungry, naked, homeless. You did it to Me. (Mt 25,40). The Bread of life and the Hungry One, but one love: only Jesus. His humility is so wonderful. I can understand His majesty, His greatness because He is God - but His humility is beyond my understanding, because He makes Himself Bread of Life so that even a child as small as I can eat Him and live.

Some days back, when giving Holy Communion to our Sisters in the Mother house, suddenly I realized I was holding God between my two fingers. The greatness of the humility of God. Really “no greater love”, no greater love than the love of Christ (Jn 15,13). You, I am sure, must feel often like that when, at your word, in your hands, the bread becomes the Body of Christ, the wine becomes the Blood of Christ. How great must be your love for Christ! No greater love than the love of the priest for Christ “his Lord and his God” (Jn 20,28).
in evangelhoquotidiano.org